Jul 3, 2011

Narrowing - VW Project continued

This is what it looks like with no wheels...or suspension etc.

This is the original beam that I took and showed in my previous post. I took the spring leaves that were in the tubes out. Along with the trailing arms off.

This is the narrowing process of the spring leave. These came out of the original beam. We narrowed the leaves 3.25" on each side so that they would accommodate the narrowed beam that is narrowed 3" on each side.
Here is the finished product of the narrowing process. Steering box and spindles will be added on and the beam will be primed and painted prior to installation.

No comments:

Post a Comment